The Business Development Manager will work with the Leadership with Business Development, as well as other internal and external stakeholders, to develop and execute strategies to enhance our ability to identify, pursue and develop relationships that are mutually beneficial and profitable. The position will have a high level of understanding of our integrated model and be able to meticulously communicate our value proposition to the marketplace, to understand our clients’ needs and increase company-wide sales opportunities. Strong leader with experience managing sales and business development professionals to meet business goals and metrics to support our strategic objectives and initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Continually identifies and develops new client business within our regional market by pursing business opportunities in key industries and cultivating relationships with existing clients. Delivers compelling calls and presentations to introduce RCB’s capabilities and value proposition. Negotiates and communicates complex concepts and business issues to a variety of business audiences.
- Works with the Business Development and Marketing teams to identify and evaluate new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
- Oversees all aspects of the sales process including formulation of opportunity-specific sales strategy, selection of pursuit teams and quarterbacking the entire sales process until the final close of the construction or development project.
- Member of the Leadership Team who participates in Realty Development's strategic planning process and helps identify and create strategic priorities and timelines to meet our company’s financial and operational goals. These activities include market and industry analysis, customer needs and business intelligence. Ensures strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the pursuit team.
- Provides expertise and direction for the day to day management of the construction and development pipeline. Provides client specific opportunity assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial evaluation, and other marketing needs required throughout the proposal preparation and delivery process. Incorporates customer needs and internal and external feedback to create win-win situations.
- Partners in conjunction with the marketing team to create effective marketing strategies to compete in the marketplace, including market segmentation, value proposition development and pricing and branding strategy.
- Motivates others and provides leadership and accountability to accomplish team goals and deliverables.
- Willing to be adaptable and innovative in communications, team work and customer relations.
- Embraces Realty Development's mission, vision, and core values to build authentic and strategic relationships to help others be successful. Proactively builds relationships in our community and within our organization.
- Bachelor Degree with business, construction and/or real estate focus preferred.
- Strong network within Vail, Aspen, Denver and Boulder communities is mandatory.
- 10 years of business development and sales experience specifically in the real estate and construction industries.
- 5 years’ experience managing business development and sales professionals demonstrating a proven record of systemic processes, accountability and exceeding goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - strong in negotiations and general business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to
Business Development Manager